Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Wednesday Nights

I'm not sure what it is about Wednesday nights after church that make my children turn into WILD ANIMALS!!!
They run around, hide, laugh, giggle and do EVERYTHING but go to SLEEP! What's a mom to do? And of course they have to go to the bathroom 3 times EACH. It is always so nice when the soothing music finally kicks in and they begin to settle down. That's when I FINALLY get a little peace.
As any SAHM knows, peace is a RARE and beautiful thing:) I love being home with my children and would not change it for anything. Between all the bottoms and noses I wipe, and the spills I continually clean, the laundry I wash and the toys I pick up...mixed in I get to see them learn, I am the recipient of many spontaneous hugs and I get to see them play together, love each other, and care for each other. Of course that takes place between all the fighting, but still, it's THERE.
And for all of that, I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. EVEN on a Wednesday night.

No comments: